All week long on the blog, we’ve been highlighting pro-choice “candidates of the day” in key General Assembly races across Virginia this fall. In case you missed any, here’s the list of candidate spotlights:
- Shawn Mitchell, running in Senate District 13 in Loudoun County and Prince William County
- Senator Edd Houck, Senate District 17 in the city of Fredericksburg and Orange, Spotsylvania, Culpeper, Louisa and Albermarle counties
- Senator John Edwards, Senate District 21 in Roanoke, Blacksburg, and Giles and Montgomery Counties.
- Mike Kondratick, running in House District 87 in southeast Loudoun County and northwest Prince William County
- Pamela Danner, running in House District 34 in northern Fairfax County and part of eastern Loudoun
- Barbara Favola, running in Senate District 31 in Arlington, Fairfax, and Loudoun Counties
- Senator George Barker, Senate District 39 in the city of Alexandria, southern Fairfax County and Prince William County
- Senator Ralph Northam, Senate District 6 on the Eastern Shore, Mathews County, and parts of Norfolk and Virginia Beach
- Senator Dave Marsden, Senate District 37 in southern Fairfax County
But these are just a handful of the many strong pro-choice candidates that the NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia PAC has officially endorsed in this year’s 2011 General Assembly elections. All of these candidates deserve the support of pro-choice voters across the Commonwealth who want their representatives in Richmond to stand up for reproductive freedom, privacy, equality, and women’s health. Need to find out which House of Delegates and Senate districts you’re in and check who’ll be on your ballot? Visit the Virginia State Board of Elections website. (Remember that with this year’s redistricting process, it’s possible that your district may have changed.)
You can help NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia get out the pro-choice vote in the week and a half between now and Election Day!
- Make sure you know where your polling place is and make a plan ahead of time for when you’re going to vote on November 8. See if any of your pro-choice friends or neighbors will need help getting to the polls!
- Share our candidate spotlight blog posts or other information about pro-choice candidates in your area with your friends, family and neighbors and remind them of the importance of getting out to the polls (or voting absentee).
- Post a Facebook status, Twitter update, instant messenger status, blog post, or anything else to help remind your friends about Election Day and voting pro-choice. You can link them to our website’s election section at www.naralva.org/elections for more information on voting pro-choice on November 8.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia still needs volunteers to help with our campaign efforts for endorsed pro-choice candidates. You can also volunteer for pro-choice candidates in your area by getting in touch with those campaigns directly. (Let us know if you need help figuring out who to contact!)
By NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia PAC staff. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.